Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SummerFun Tour Event
The first tournament of our 2016 season is in Newberry, SC on April 16-17. There is a number of activities in Newberry this year, starting with the player reception on Friday evening, the hot dog contest at Bubba's (details to be announced later), to the "Pork in the Park" festival on Saturday. It's time to start thinking about getting your entries in for this tournament, as you know, we list players as they enter in all our events, so the sooner you get yours in, the sooner we can get it on the entry list. Remember also, that you can enter any event of the year, at any time, we just have to have it 10 days prior to that event. Actually, it's interesting that our first entry of the year was from Utah, and that is the last tournament on our schedule. If you plan on participating in Newberry, or any of our events, don't wait to book your hotel room at the host hotel, remember, at some sites the number of rooms are limited, and Newberry is one of them because of the proximity of the hotel. It's located centrally for all the activities of the weekend.
It all sounds great! I already booked a room,just have to get my entry in. Looking forward to seeing everyone and maybe defend my hot dog eating title.
Big Daddy, you could be in the history book as the only individual winner of the hot dog contest. This year, you may be a member of a hot dog eating team! If you remember, it was a big hit last year, but some of the guys, and gals, laughed a lot at us, so we challenged them to a team contest, the tour against the locals. The details are being worked on now, I don't know how many would be on a team, or who will be eating for the tour, or if the challenge is accepted, but as the winner last year, you would be there for sure. I hope we do it that way, all in fun.
That sounds great! I wouldn't miss it. I could use some Summer Fun,this snow is really getting old.
I am so ready for this event,always have a great time. We can't wait to see everyone.Wish safe travels for all.
Kelly
(01-22-2016, 06:13 PM)hawgjaw47 Wrote: The first tournament of our 2016 season is in Newberry, SC on April 16-17. There is a number of activities in Newberry this year, starting with the player reception on Friday evening, the hot dog contest at Bubba's (details to be announced later), to the "Pork in the Park" festival on Saturday. It's time to start thinking about getting your entries in for this tournament, as you know, we list players as they enter in all our events, so the sooner you get yours in, the sooner we can get it on the entry  list. Remember also, that you can enter any event of the year, at any time, we just have to have it 10 days prior to that event. Actually, it's interesting that our first entry of the year was from Utah, and that is the last tournament on our schedule. If you plan on participating in Newberry, or any of our events, don't wait to book your hotel room at the host hotel, remember, at some sites the number of rooms are limited, and Newberry is one of them because of the proximity of the hotel. It's located centrally for all the activities of the weekend.

You mentioned Utah, is it not going to awfully cold there in December to be pitching outside?
I guess we will find out when we get there....hopefully not.